Sunday, June 20, 2010

d 5th un-celebrated father's day...




I use to remember those times when my brothers and i were younger, and when either mother's day or father's day was around the corner, we would be rushing to nearest shopping malls to buy gifts and all. Seems mother's day gifts were a much easier task to settle rather then the father's day ones...why?

1. Dad has practically everything.
2. Dad doesn't need much or more like the things he needs or wants are things that we are somehow not able to get
3. Dad complains of us spending money on simple things that he won't use and that the money we use are still his money...-_-""


Well, all that changed when i came to Russia, sad to say that father's day (or mother's day) is no longer celebrated in my family. More like even the wishing part doesn't even take place (from my brothers la...). Sometimes i blame myself for not encouraging my brothers...and sometimes i blame my dad for not trying to be close to my brothers...

Pa, I've always looked up to you. Ever since young...(ok, maybe when i was much much younger i've always looked up to uncle ben coz he was a doctor and i wanted to be one...haha) I've always wanted to be like you...to be as friendly as you are, to be good in everything you do, to be confident, to be a leader...but, as i recall, as a kid, i've never like speaking to you as you were so quick to anger, and you never really bother to hear us out before giving us a chance to explain things, how you yelled at me and how you've always canned me (yes, i was a naughty kid....believe it!) leaving behind those cane marks which made me hated u even more...

But as i get older, i thought back and wondered...what would happen if you did not "bless" me with those yellings, with those cannings...i would probably end up as one of those ah-lians speaking without manners, acting like there's nobody else in this world to give a crap about, and being a self-centered, self-fish lil bastard...and for that, i thank you so so much. Because of you i am who i am today, i am where i am today.

You're an awesome dad, pa!! ( putting aside your temper, your anger, and you constantly putting your friends first before your family la!! cis! )

Pa, i know that you always want the best for me. Thank you for showering me your love, your care, and your constant reminder to be a woman with dignity and of class. Thank you for always getting me things that i want (tho i noe that there's always a limit to all things). I know that deep down in my heart, i'm still your little girl =) (besides, I'm a gadget girl now because of you too, lol)

Dad, I love you and I promise to be the daughter that will make you proud...






HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

2 comments: